Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/01/02 16:03:45 UTC

Re: Short introduction

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Luis David Pascual Callejo
<pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My Name is David. I'm an 26 years old aeronautical engineer with an MBA but
> no professional marketing experience. I can speak fluently Spanish, French
> and English and I have a basic knowledge of German. Finally, I can program
> in C++ and java, although I am not a programmer.
>
> I'd be glad to help working about 4 to 6 hours a week in any marketing task
> you need.

Hello David and Happy New Year !

Have you seen our "Introduction to Marketing" page?  This is one of
our new volunteer orientation modules.  You can review it here:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-marketing.html

It is also good to review this modules, to get a sense of how projects
at Apache work:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-contributing.html

One disorienting thing for some people, especially those from the
corporate world (like me) is that there is very little hierarchy here.
 There is no one "in charge" telling you or me what to do.  Sure, we
coordinate on larger tasks where needed.  It is not chaos.  But it is
the interests and talents of volunteers that determines the
priorities.  What gets done depends on your interests and energy as
much as mine.  So don't wait for someone to assign you work.  You'll
want to poke around and offer to help with specific items.  Or maybe
you think of something new we should be doing?  In any case, feel free
to shout out if you have any questions getting started.

Here is a list of specific marketing activities that are being worked
at present:  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Marketing+Activities
  Maybe one of these is interesting for you?

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Short introduction-FYI

Posted by Luis David Pascual Callejo <pa...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks!

Re: Short introduction

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
Great!

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480

Re: Short introduction-FYI

Re: Short introduction

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Short introduction

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
It is good to see some response to my initiative.

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480

Re: Short introduction