Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/28 17:33:38 UTC

Possible to package files as JAR?

Can we specify a JAR file instead of tgz or zip in the metainfo.xml, i.e.

instead of doing:

<osSpecifics>
  <osSpecific>
    <osType>any</osType>
    <packages>
      <package>
        <type>tarball</type>
        <name>files/solr.tgz</name>
      </package>
    </packages>
  </osSpecific>
</osSpecifics>

can I do:

<osSpecifics>
  <osSpecific>
    <osType>any</osType>
    <packages>
      <package>
        <type>tarball</type>
        <name>files/solr.jar</name>
      </package>
    </packages>
  </osSpecific>
</osSpecifics>

Of course JAR is just ZIP but this would make it more platform
independent because Slider should always be able to extract a JAR
file.

Re: Possible to package files as JAR?

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
Is this a file to be extracted or just made available as is to the containers?

If its as is there is an option to specify a folder to be copied to the container working dir ..

<package>
            <type>folder</type>
            <name>files/myFolder</name>
</package>

copies the content of files/myFolder from the package to the destination.

There is no support for extracting jars yet.