Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@imediation.com> on 2001/04/17 14:24:17 UTC

Ant gump

Hello,

I would like to know what is the status concerning antgump, Is it still in
deployment and somewhat synchronized with gump ?

I'm not sure, but I think there are some bugs in the xsls concerning the
status of the build
(some '@name' instead of '../@name' and attribute 'value' instead of 'line'
for calling ant with arg element)

I'm not sure I fully understand the strategy used for determining the build
success, so if Scott could enlighten me, I'd be glad to fix a few things and
contribute some patches when possible.

Cheers,

--
 Stéphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France

Re: Ant gump

Posted by Scott Sanders <sa...@totalsync.com>.
> I would like to know what is the status concerning antgump, Is it still in
> deployment and somewhat synchronized with gump ?

I am still intending to use it, but I need to catch up to Sam's xsl
changes.  AntGump is currently behind as of Sam's commit to merge.xsl on
April 11.  Anything since then has not yet caught up either.

> I'm not sure, but I think there are some bugs in the xsls concerning the
> status of the build
> (some '@name' instead of '../@name' and attribute 'value' instead of 'line'
> for calling ant with arg element)

I wouldn't doubt it ;-)

> I'm not sure I fully understand the strategy used for determining the build
> success, so if Scott could enlighten me, I'd be glad to fix a few things and
> contribute some patches when possible.

I am having real trouble with that, as for example on my machine, the
ant <cvs> task is _ALWAYS_ successful.  So that is a problem.

The strategy to determine build success is to write the file
{projectname}.FAILED, and then replace it with {projectname}.SUCCESS
when everything is finished.  Hopefully if something goes wrong, that
step will not happen, and ant will exit before.

I am open to any other suggestions regarding the determination of
success, as files were the only thing that I could think of at the time ;-)

I will be updating AntGump as I have time this week, but feel free to
jump in.

My commit messages do not yet appear on this list, as they go into a
moderation queue for some reason.  Sam, do you know who I could contact
to fix that?  Should I bug jon? ;-)

Scott Sanders