Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by James Hutton <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/25 13:58:36 UTC

Question about limiting fault class generation

I have a legacy system that I'm trying to migrate to webservices (cxf) and
xml in general.  With this I have some exceptions that I can annotate with
@WebFault.  The exception is mapped in another project and I can un/marshal
the complexTypes with the exception as a dependency.  However in the wsdl
when I try to have the exception as a wsdl:fault cxf codegen tries to
generate a brand new exception class (in fact it has the exception as a
member).  The problems I'm running into is that it is in the namespace and
package (I provided both) passed in via -nexclude.  It looks like cxf
codegen's jaxws frontend refuses to respect this setting.  Does anyone have
any thoughts/suggestions?  I'd prefer not to have to fork/write my own
custom jaxws frontend.

Thanks,
James Hutton