Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2009/08/18 04:14:36 UTC

poll re: dropping one of the compressions formats (.bz2) for UIMA distribution packaging

Hi everyone -

As we are getting ready for our next release (2.3.0), we're looking into
streamlining our build process a bit, and would like to provide the
distribution in just 2 formats - a zip format and a tar.gz format,
instead of 3.  If the user community doesn't feel strongly about this,
we would like to drop the third format, .bz2, because this format takes
a long time to generate, and seems only marginally more compressed than
the tar.gz formats. We've never generated the .bz2 format for the
uima-as distr, and would like to drop it for our base and sandbox
distributions, as well.

Any objections?

-Marshall