Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by SVN User <sv...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/28 13:04:42 UTC

tarball download

Hello Group,
How can I make a tarball out of the source code in the Tags folder. If I try
checking oout/Export the source code, it takes along while for the files to
transfer.
I wanted to know if there was a svn command to create a tarball of the tag
folders.

Thanks for any help.

Re: tarball download

Posted by SVN User <sv...@gmail.com>.
I was looking at the websvn's dl.php, It creates a tarball using php I
guess. Since we have php installed on the server could we some how use the
same code to create a tarball on the servers file system and then move the
file to another environment.

Thanks

Here's the code
 // Get the name of the directory being archived
   $arcname = substr($path, 0, -1);
   $arcname = basename($arcname);
   if (empty($arcname))
      $arcname = $rep->name;

   $svnrep->exportDirectory($path, $tmpname.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$arcname,
$rev);

   // Create the tar file
   chdir($tmpname);
   exec($config->tar." -cf $arcname.tar $arcname");

   // ZIP it up
   exec($config->gzip." $arcname.tar");
   $size = filesize("$arcname.tar.gz");

   // Give the file to the browser

   if ($fp = @fopen("$arcname.tar.gz","rb"))
   {
      header("Content-Type: application/x-gzip");
      header("Content-Length: $size");
      header("Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename=\"".$rep->name."-$arcname.tar.gz\"");
      // Use a loop to transfer the data  4KB at a time.
      while(!feof($fp))
      {
         echo fread($fp, 4096);
         ob_flush();