Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sunny <su...@collab.net> on 2003/11/06 16:13:58 UTC

Help in Validation.

Hi friends,
 I am having <html:file> tag in my form.  I want to check whether  has
selected any file or not.
 like if the user submits the form without selecting the file, i want to
validate.

in my validate.xml,. this is the validation i've entered.

 <formset>
    <form name="ImportPlanForm">
      <field propery = "projectFile"  depends="required">
        <arg0 key = "ImportProjectPlan.planFile.label"/>
      </field>
    </form>
  </formset>

i am getting
org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConversionException: Cannot assign value of type
'java.lang.String' to property 'projectFile' of type
'org.apache.struts.upload.FormFile'

how can i approach.