Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kevin Peterson <kp...@biz360.com> on 2009/11/11 19:45:53 UTC

Workflow Management Poll

We're not very happy with our homegrown system for managing Hadoop jobs. I'm
looking at existing tools vs. improving our own, and I wanted to get a feel
for what others are using.

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/460631

Re: Workflow Management Poll

Posted by Kevin Peterson <kp...@biz360.com>.
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Kevin Peterson <kp...@biz360.com>wrote:

> We're not very happy with our homegrown system for managing Hadoop jobs.
> I'm looking at existing tools vs. improving our own, and I wanted to get a
> feel for what others are using.
>
> http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/460631

I've posted a writeup of the results of this poll here:

http://kdpeterson.net/blog/2009/11/hadoop-workflow-tools-survey.html

The answers were mostly what you would expect: anything I could think of,
someone is doing it. Most users of higher level frameworks like cascading or
pig are happy. Most people using shell scripts or other homegrown systems
would like to find a replacement.

Re: Workflow Management Poll

Posted by Nitesh Bhatia <ni...@gmail.com>.
 You can try Cloudera Desktop (http://www.cloudera.com/desktop). I think
they have given a nicely integrated system for Hadoop.

--nitesh

--
Nitesh Bhatia

"Life is never perfect. It just depends where you draw the line."

http://www.linkedin.com/in/niteshbhatia
http://www.twitter.com/niteshbhatia