Posted to user@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/28 12:20:11 UTC

[COMPRESS] change IOUtils.copy() to return number of bytes copied?

IOUtils.copy() currently returns void.

If it were changed to return a long of the number of bytes actually
copied, then it could be used in the ArchiveInputStream test cases to
check that the EOF was reached after the correct number of bytes. E.g.
that would show whether any padding was being accidentally included.

The only use of the class in the main code is in the ChangeSet class,
but of course that does not have to use the return value, and the
"wasted" code would be minimal.

WDYT?

Re: [COMPRESS] change IOUtils.copy() to return number of bytes copied?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
Funny - I added that yesterday. But then reverted it as I thought we
would not need that :-p

Fwd: [COMPRESS] change IOUtils.copy() to return number of bytes copied?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Oops, sorry, the original message was supposed to be posted to the
Commons Developer List.

I'll forward it there - please don't reply further here, thanks!.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.