Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Sunny Saxena <Su...@infosys.com> on 2006/09/05 17:05:25 UTC

JavaMail and Geronimo 1.0

Hello,

                I have an application which uses Sun's JavaMail
implementation to send mails. The code works absolutely fine
independently, and even when deployed in Geronimo there are no
exceptions thrown - neither on the console or in the logs, but the mail
is simply not sent. I have read various such posts on the mailing list,
but cant get this solved.

Thanks and Regards,

Sunny Saxena

SOA and Web Services CoE| SETLabs | Hyderabad

Phone: [deleted] |Ext: 48444

"Any kiddie in school can love like a fool; But hating, my boy, is an
art."

Re: JavaMail and Geronimo 1.0

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
The Javamail code in Geronimo 1.0 is a very incomplete implementation.
If at all possible, upgrade to Geronimo 1.1. I suspect this will fix
your problem. If it does not, then try setting the "mail.debug" session
property to "true" and send the debug information to this list. I should
be able to sort out what's failing from the debug information.

If you're unable to upgrade to 1.1 at this time, you might try replacing
the javamail spec an javamail-transport jars in the 1.0 assembly with
the ones pulled from the Geronimo 1.1 builds (renaming them to the names
used in the 1.0 repository).

Rick