Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Zheng Yang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/24 16:45:48 UTC

[GSOC] Adding a tool that read/write sql-dump records from/to avro data files

Hi, guys,

This is Yang from National University of Singapore, a would-be
participant for gsoc 2010.

I have noticed that we are going to implement tools for json/xml/csv
conversion.

I am proposing another tool for sql-dump <=> avro conversion, which
will be quite useful for importing/exporting data between relational
database and avro. would that be ok?

Thanks very much!

Regards,
Zheng Yang

Re: [GSOC] Adding a tool that read/write sql-dump records from/to avro data files

Posted by cu...@apache.org.
Zheng Yang wrote:
> I am proposing another tool for sql-dump <=> avro conversion, which will
> be quite useful for importing/exporting data between relational database
> and avro. would that be ok?

That sounds like it would be a great tool to me.

Doug