Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org> on 2017/01/13 09:38:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 6.0.49

The proposed Apache Tomcat 6.0.49 release is now available for voting.

Note: This is the last Tomcat 6 release.

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.49/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1114/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_49/

The proposed 6.0.49 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 6.0.49 Stable

Regards,
Violeta

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 6.0.49

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Still +1 but one corection below

Am 13.01.2017 um 15:13 schrieb Rainer Jung:
> Am 13.01.2017 um 10:38 schrieb Violeta Georgieva:
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 6.0.49 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> Note: This is the last Tomcat 6 release.
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.49/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1114/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_49/
>>
>> The proposed 6.0.49 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 6.0.49 Stable
>
> +1 to release, details and some observations below.
>
> - SHA1 and MD5 OK
> - signatures OK
> - key in KEYS file
> - gz and zip for src and bin consistent
>   - except for some unexpected (?) line ending differences (see below)
> - src consistent with svn tag
>   - except for .gitignore file
> - builds fine
> - build result looks consistent with binaries
> - JMX MBean comparison with previous version

I forgot to update this block. Comparison with version 6.0.39 (do not
have data for versions in btween at hand):

     - Server and StringCache MBeans missing in 6.0.49

     - WebModule MBean new attributes:
       clearReferencesStopThreads: false
       mapperDirectoryRedirectEnabled: false
       mapperContextRootRedirectEnabled: true
       clearReferencesStopTimerThreads: false
       clearReferencesRmiTargets: true

     - ThreadPool, Connector and ProtocolHandler MBeans
       new attribute localPort
       This attribute is missing in the AJP ThreadPool MBean
       (noticed for BIO).

     - ProtocolHandler MBean new attribute nameIndex

     - ProtocolHandler MBean new attribute
       maxCookieCount: 200
       This attribute is missing in the AJP ProtocolHandler MBean
       (noticed for BIO)

     - Loader MBean for examples attribute loaderRepositoriesString
changed value from
/WEB-INF/classes/:/WEB-INF/lib/jstl.jar:/WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar:
/WEB-INF/classes/:/WEB-INF/lib/taglibs-standard-impl-1.2.5.jar:/WEB-INF/lib/taglibs-standard-spec-1.2.5.jar:
       (versioned jar files)

     - Manager MBean new attribute
       warnOnSessionAttributeFilterFailure: false

     - new system property jdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize with value 2048

     - system property package.access value added
org.apache.naming.resources. to list and list now sorted

     - system property package.definition added org.apache.naming. to
list and list now sorted

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 6.0.49

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 13.01.2017 um 10:38 schrieb Violeta Georgieva:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 6.0.49 release is now available for voting.
>
> Note: This is the last Tomcat 6 release.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.49/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1114/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_49/
>
> The proposed 6.0.49 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 6.0.49 Stable

+1 to release, details and some observations below.

- SHA1 and MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file
- gz and zip for src and bin consistent
   - except for some unexpected (?) line ending differences (see below)
- src consistent with svn tag
   - except for .gitignore file
- builds fine
- build result looks consistent with binaries
- JMX MBean comparison with previous version OK
   - no changes in attribute structure
   - scan tldScanTime maybe a bit lower than before

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 6.0.49 release is now available for voting.
>
> Note: This is the last Tomcat 6 release.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.49/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1114/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_49/
>
> The proposed 6.0.49 release is:
> [x] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 6.0.49 Stable

The ASF logo image is missing (not displayed) in ROOT and host-manager
web applications. It is displayed correctly in the manager
application.

Unit tests OK, the rest of smoke testing is OK.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko