Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2019/06/04 01:15:43 UTC

FEEDBACK: Use Cases and Requirements for Mobile and Web Apps for GSOC 2019

As you all might now,

Google Summer of Code and Outreachy have recently kicked off at the end of
last month.

We have 2 documentation-related projects for Outreachy (will email
separately on that) and 14 coding projects through Mifos for Google Summer
of Code and 2 through Apache Fineract.

We'll be doing a blog post early soon introducing all the interns that will
be joining the community this summer.
As our students begin their projects, we'd like to do one last call for use
cases and features you would like to see supported. Especially for our
mobile and web front-ends, GSOC is a great opportunity for the community to
get some much-needed functionality built out.

But we can't know what to build, without having direct input on the use
cases you'd like supported.

On the mobile front, we'll have interns working on each of our mobile apps
for Fineract and Fineract CN - this includes our staff-facing Android Field
Client App as well as our mobile banking and mobile wallet apps.

In case you haven't followed the latest development of our mobile apps -
here's what we currently have available:
https://openmf.github.io/mobileapps.github.io/

We gladly welcome input on what features you'd like to see supported in
each of these apps as our interns are eager to build out some new
functionality in addition to the ongoing refactoring and performance
improvements they'll be doing

On the web front, we're going to be completing the rewrite of the web app
into Angular 7, working on the next version of our online banking app, and
also designing and implementing a configuration wizard for the UI.

Cheers,

Ed

Use Cases and Requirements for Web Apps for GSOC 2019-Investment usecase

Posted by Tom Ssemwogerere <ss...@gmail.com>.
Dear Ed Cable,

Please reconsider assigning interns to work on Investment use case. Our
financial institution invests substantial amount of money in other projects
apart from loans. These investment projects needs to be tracked especially
the financial bit of it. Though the investment is not a core function of
the microfinance, we need to track its activities. I will be very grateful
when you reconsider developing investment module into the web app

Tom Ssemwogerere

Re: FEEDBACK: Use Cases and Requirements for Mobile and Web Apps for GSOC 2019

Posted by Kay Chau <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hey glad to see progress...

When can we talk?  I'm back up for air next week...