Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kidong Lee <my...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/25 03:07:13 UTC

how to write kafka connect hdfs parquet sink.

Hi,

I have read confluent kafka connect hdfs
<http://docs.confluent.io/2.0.0/connect/connect-hdfs/docs/index.html> but I
don't want to use schema registry from confluent.

I have produced avro encoded bytes to kafka, at that time, I have written
my own avro serializer, not used KafkaAvroSerializer
<https://github.com/confluentinc/schema-registry/blob/master/avro-serializer/src/main/java/io/confluent/kafka/serializers/KafkaAvroSerializer.java>
which seems to be related closely to Schema registry concept from confluent.

Now, I want to save my avro encoded from kafka to parquet on hdfs using
Avro schema which is located in the classpath, for instance,
/META-INF/avro/xxx.avsc.

Any idea to write parquet sink?

- Kidong Lee.