Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sergei O.Naumov" <se...@mobicomk.ru> on 2001/12/17 14:32:53 UTC

A newbie - deploying an app with mod_webapp

Hi!
I am starting to work with Tomcat and I get a strange behaviour of Tomcat when it is
run from under Apache's mod_webapp. I have this in httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
    WebAppConnection cexam     warp  localhost:8008
    WebAppConnection ccoco     warp  localhost:8008
    WebAppConnection cjets     warp  localhost:8008
    WebAppDeploy     examples  cexam /examples/
    WebAppDeploy     cocoon    ccoco /cocoon/
    WebAppDeploy     jetspeed  cjets /jportal/
    WebAppInfo                       /webapp-info
</IfModule>

When I start Tomcat and go to http://locahost/jportal or http://localhost/cocoon/
it tells me that the the application is not yet deployed. When I run Tomcat
stand alone, it deployes cocoon.war and jetspeed.war just fine. I looked into the
logs and found that it can not find "./../webapps/jetspeed" for localhost but
I thought it should unzip war files automatically.

Can anyone, please, explain what is really happening there.

Thanks much,

	Sergei

Re: A newbie - deploying an app with mod_webapp

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
What do you have in server.xml?