Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/20 14:07:22 UTC

Wicket experimental in a wicket 6 + wicket 7 world

While we are probably making the amount of experimental modules
minimal, we have to consider the issue of developing experimental
modules in both wicket 6 and wicket 7.

I propose to move all (remaining) experimental modules into a new
groupid for both wicket 6 and 7:

Wicket 6 experimental modules would live in:

org.apache.wicket.experimental.wicket-6.x:...

Wicket 7 experimental modules would live in:

org.apache.wicket.experimental.wicket-7.x:...

But the local module path would remain the same (as would be the version).

So for arguments sake, if we were to keep wicket-bootstrap in
experimental, we would release:

org.apache.wicket.experimental.wicket-6.x:wicket-bootstrap:0.20

and

org.apache.wicket.experimental.wicket-7.x:wicket-bootstrap:0.20

This will solve the issue of overlapping release versions.

WDYT?

Martijn

Re: Wicket experimental in a wicket 6 + wicket 7 world

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Should do the job!

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting