Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2009/11/25 13:09:36 UTC

Solr 1.4 search in more the one Core

Hollo,

I try to search in more than one Core.

I search in Wiki, but i dont find any way to search in 2 of the 3 cores and
a way to seacht in all cores.

maby Someone of you have tryed the same an can help me?

Re: Solr 1.4 search in more the one Core

Posted by Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com>.
I think NO, because there is a Crawler for fulltext indexig that
permernently uptate the Indexes

When you have a Crawler for documents,office ect, than i can switch to solr
totaly.

Re: Solr 1.4 search in more the one Core

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Would it help to combine the indexes into one big one? There sound reasons
NOT to do this, but if it's a possibility, have you seen the info here?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MergingSolrIndexes

<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MergingSolrIndexes>Best
Erick

Posted by Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hollo,
>
> I try to search in more than one Core.
>
> I search in Wiki, but i dont find any way to search in 2 of the 3 cores and
> a way to seacht in all cores.
>
> maby Someone of you have tryed the same an can help me?

You need to provide urls of the cores in the distributed search request. It
will make HTTP calls to the specified cores but there is no way around that
right now.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch