Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/17 13:11:17 UTC

When is the next release planned?

Hi,

When is the next release planned (alpha, beta or whatever?).

If I see right, the trunk already contains many new features, that user's are waiting for years
(e.g. VUT). From a *user perspective* these features are much more than it was added to any other
version, so a release would already have enough features even without the "in progress" IMAP support.

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed.

Re: When is the next release planned?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Ahmed Mohombe ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> When is the next release planned (alpha, beta or whatever?).

Hi Ahmed,

Unfortunately there is no release plan at all.

Norman and I tried (in november 2006) to propose to branch current trunk
in december (2006) but we failed (there was no agreement).

Noel recently said "I do not expect to see anything releasable from
trunk until end of 2007"

Unfortunately there seems to be no shared effort to create a release
soon from there, but everyone here can try to change this.

If you want to give trunk a try I will try to help with bug fixing.

Maybe this was not what you wanted to hear, but this is the only answer
I'm able to give.

Stefano