Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ajay brar <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/27 07:23:10 UTC

hidden property null

hi!

i have a value in request scope that i would like to pass on to an action,
called when you submit a form on the page,
i accessed the value on the page as
<%
String tableName = request.getParameter("tableName");
%>
and correctly retrieved the value.
in my form then i initialized a hidden property to this value, as

now when the form is submitted, in my action class when i retrieve the
tableName property from the associated bean, i get the null value.
i put a print statement in the setTableName method for form bean, and it
seems that just before the form is submitted, tableName is set to null.

can someone tell me why this is happening, and how do i workaround it.

thanks
Ajay