Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mathieu Peltier <ma...@inrialpes.fr> on 2003/08/26 19:42:54 UTC

[commons-logging] how to reload configuration?

Hi,

I am new to commons logging. Is it possible with commons logging to
dynamically reload the configuration file of the "real" logging framework
used (for example Log4j) or even to change the framework used? If yes, what
is the best way to do that?
Thank you for your help, in advance.

--
Mathieu Peltier

RE: [commons-logging] how to reload configuration?

Posted by Eric Giguere <er...@videotron.ca>.
Hi Mathieu

Nope, not supported
Commons-logging only presents an interface to the log calls, not the
configuration of underlying engines. All configuration call must be done in
your code (or using system properties on startup).

Although, you can "personalize" commons-logging by replacing the default
LogFactory with your own. Doing so, you can make it create your own logger,
one derived from the one offered by commons-logging for instance. You can
then with all this take control over the configuration issues of the
underlying log package (like log4j or jdk1.4 logging package).

Hope it helps
Eric.