Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net> on 2003/01/06 23:27:01 UTC

[Announcement] IMAP/javamail access

hi, team

as you might see from the cvs commit mail,
i have added the IMAP/javamail access to the scratchpad,

moreover i added utility sitemap components for the
webmail application:
  generation/asciiart/*
  matching/ExtendedRegexpURIMatcher
  action/ExtendedResourceExistsAction
  action/LinkTranslatorMapAction
  mail/

is it okay to put the complete webmail into scratchpad, too?
as yet there is no complete application there, yet.
you can find a doc about the webmail on
http://members.a1.net/berni_huber/cocoon-webmail/index.html;
this site runs in non-interactivly mode, so no login....

as the discussion about cvs-access via Source is taking place,
the IMAP access is NOT via Source but via Action.

regards bernhard

Re: [Announcement] IMAP/javamail access

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.
hi,

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Bernhard Huber wrote:
>
>> hi, team
>>
>> as you might see from the cvs commit mail,
>> i have added the IMAP/javamail access to the scratchpad,
>>
>> moreover i added utility sitemap components for the
>> webmail application:
>>  generation/asciiart/*
>

> This package seems to contain absolutely awesome stuff ! Is it really
> able to produce SVG out of ascii art ?

slow down,
1. only simple ascii art see the scratchpad asciiart *.txt samples.
2. only lines, and text is tried to get recognized.
3. there is no trying in recognized rects.
4. in AsciiArtPad the AsciiArtBuilder is responsible to recognize
   lines, and text
5. is was quick hack, just for fun
6. i was first thinking about understanding some groff, or something
like that, but i stopped, and thought, no just simple stuff,
just enter some dash, bar chars, that's it
and not learning some more powerful - but complicate language.

> <snip/>
>
>> as the discussion about cvs-access via Source is taking place, the
>> IMAP access is NOT via Source but via Action.
>

> Do you foresee any interest in having it as a source ?

hmmm, as much as i understand IMAP access, i think that
IMAP needs some session info/state.

hmmm, there is already some XML-DB access via Source...
hmmm, but XML-DB has the advantage that content is already XML.
Using javamail and writing an Source wrapper around?
just a feeling that would be too complicated, too much
javamail object to XML conversion.

I must admit that I didn't delve into the Source discussion, yet.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Bernhard Huber wrote:

> hi, team
>
> as you might see from the cvs commit mail,
> i have added the IMAP/javamail access to the scratchpad,
>
> moreover i added utility sitemap components for the
> webmail application:
>  generation/asciiart/*

This package seems to contain absolutely awesome stuff ! Is it really
able to produce SVG out of ascii art ?

<snip/>

> as the discussion about cvs-access via Source is taking place, the
> IMAP access is NOT via Source but via Action.

Do you foresee any interest in having it as a source ?

Sylvain

Re: [Announcement] IMAP/javamail access

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.
hi,

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Bernhard Huber wrote:
>
>> hi, team
>>
>> as you might see from the cvs commit mail,
>> i have added the IMAP/javamail access to the scratchpad,
>

> Awesome!
>
>> moreover i added utility sitemap components for the
>> webmail application:
>>  generation/asciiart/*
>

> I was shocked by this! I'm upgrading my CVS right now!

slow down, it's very simple...

>>  matching/ExtendedRegexpURIMatcher
i was mistyping,
matching/RegexpURIDefaultsMatcher i
added this as i'm using Paginator.
Paginator makes from xxx.html xxx(N).html.
but in the sitemap i was handling both URI requests the same.
Thus i found no matcher matching both requests, and extracting
the optional pagenumber, which for xxx.html it is 1.

The simplest solution was presetting matches :
  for the regexp like ([a-z]+) ( \( ([0-9]+) \) ) ? . html
preset \2 = (1), and \3 = 1.

that's all, just keeping the sitemap more simple, by adding
some strange regexp, but streamling pipeline definitions.

> How is this different from the regular regexp matcher?
>
>>  action/ExtendedResourceExistsAction
>>  action/LinkTranslatorMapAction
>>  mail/
>>

>> is it okay to put the complete webmail into scratchpad, too?
>

> Yeah, totally. We'll move it somewhere else if needed.
okay i will add it.

<snip/>

build/compile problem (was: Re: [Announcement] IMAP/javamail access)

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

I get hundreds of compile errors, when building Cocoon 2.1 from CVS. I
use Java 1.4.1 and Win 2000, the command line call was
"build webapp -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes". The reason is the new mail web
client. After deleting the directory
/xml-cocoon2/src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/cocoon/mail everything gets
compiled.

Furthermore while generating Javadoc I get hundreds of messages like the
following one:

[javadoc]
D:\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\caching\AggregatedCacheValidity.java:66:
duplicate class: org.apache.cocoon.caching.AggregatedCacheValidity
[javadoc] public final class AggregatedCacheValidity
[javadoc]              ^

Regards,

Joerg

Re: [Announcement] IMAP/javamail access

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Bernhard Huber wrote:
> hi, team
>
> as you might see from the cvs commit mail,
> i have added the IMAP/javamail access to the scratchpad,

Awesome!

> moreover i added utility sitemap components for the
> webmail application:
>  generation/asciiart/*

I was shocked by this! I'm upgrading my CVS right now!

>  matching/ExtendedRegexpURIMatcher

How is this different from the regular regexp matcher?

>  action/ExtendedResourceExistsAction
>  action/LinkTranslatorMapAction
>  mail/
>

> is it okay to put the complete webmail into scratchpad, too?

Yeah, totally. We'll move it somewhere else if needed.

> as yet there is no complete application there, yet.

xml-cocoon-apps should be the CVS repository for cocoon-based apps, but
I think things get kinda forgotten there.

> you can find a doc about the webmail on
> http://members.a1.net/berni_huber/cocoon-webmail/index.html;
> this site runs in non-interactivly mode, so no login....
>
> as the discussion about cvs-access via Source is taking place,
> the IMAP access is NOT via Source but via Action.
>
> regards bernhard

Very nice job!!!

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>