Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Steven J. Hathaway" <sh...@e-z.net> on 2012/09/21 07:06:32 UTC

Re: Patch - Locate

On 9/20/2012 7:24 PM, shathawa@e-z.net wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> The patch you implement for XalanLocate that extends the Xerces::Locate
> class is interesting.
>
> It does overcome a significant difference.
>
> The Xerces::Locate.getSystemId() will return a NULL value if the
> Xerces::Locate class has no instance or the method is not defined.
>
> The Xerces::Locate.getPublicId() will also return a NULL value if the
> Xerces::Locate class has no instance or the method is not defined.
>
> The related Xalan::XalanLocate methods will return an empty string
> when the Xerces::Locate class has no instance.
>
> The related Xalan::XalanLocate methods will return a NULL (BAD) value
> if the related Xerces::Locate methods return a NULL value.  It is for
> this reason that your patch is required -- notably removed from the
> current subversion repository.
>
> I will reinstate the patch design and make sure it accommodates
> both the getSystemID() and getPublicID() methods.
>
> Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
>
> Sincerely,
> Steven J. Hathaway
> Xalan Documentation Project

Upon further analysis, I believe that a patch to
xalanc/PlatformSupport/XalanLocator.hpp
is a better location.  A patch here will fix a related issue of
initializing an
XalanDOMString with a NULL pointer of type XalanDOMChar *.

Related files:
     xalanc/PlatformSupport/ProblemListenerBase.cpp
     xalanc/PlatformSupport/XSLException.cpp
     xalanc/XPath/XPathExecutionContextDefault.cpp

I will post my findings to JIRA XALANC