Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/02 21:54:14 UTC

Re: [FlexJS] need help in creating reusable tabBar control

Hi Alex,

Thanks Alex for all your help and suggestions:

With the help of my co-workers, I was able to finish Tab Component. I have
created it outside FlexJS SDK.
I would like to share the design of our current Tab component:

Note: Make sure to pass TabBarView's id as viewContainer in TabBar and map
each view's id with TabBar's dataProvider (in this case labelFields)

public var _labelFields:Array = new Array("home", "products" ,"Support",
"ContactUS" );
[Bindable("__NoChangeEvent__")]
		public function get labelFields():Array
		{
			return _labelFields;
		}

<js:Container id="maincontainer" width="50%" height="50%">
		 <layout:TabBar dataProvider="{labelFields}" width="300" height="30"
id="tabbar" viewContainer="{tabbarview}" />

		<layout:TabBarView id="tabbarview" width="50%" height="50%" x= "40"
y="40">
			<views:HomeView id="home"   />
			<views:ProductsView id="products" />
			<views:SupportView id="Support"   />
			<views:ContactUSView id="ContactUS" />
		 </layout:TabBarView>

		</js:Container>

In above design TabBar is extending ButtonBar while TabBarView extends
Container.

Thanks
Dhwani
My Apache Flex community contribution is working on the open source
Moonshine-IDE.com for FlexJS.

Re: [FlexJS] need help in creating reusable tabBar control

Posted by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Josh and Justin,

It is really confusing. I have created a task where i have uploaded the
example.https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-35132

Please feel free to give your suggestions and feedback.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> While I click on create, I am getting only this option - "create service
> desk request”.

Click on Create, but to the left of and not on the drop down arrow in Create. i.e. on the word Create. Clicking on the drop down gives you "create service desk request”.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS] need help in creating reusable tabBar control

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
That "Create" button in JIRA has terrible usability! It confuses me every
time too. Click the left side of the button where it says "Create" instead
of the right side that opens the drop-down menu.

- Josh

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Should I create a new Service Desk request?

Try creating an issue here. You'll will need to log in first.

Posted by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

I have been trying to submit my code to Apache JIRA , But not sure on where
i can submit it.
Should I create a new Service Desk request? Can you create a new JIRA issue
for this and I will submit my code under it. Let me know if this works?

Posted by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Thanks for compliments. I will take permission and do submit in JIRA.

Thanks
Dhwani

Re: [FlexJS] need help in creating reusable tabBar control

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 9/2/16, 2:58 PM, "dhwanishah85" <dh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>While working on this component, we found that we are not able to get
>numElements from the container.
>It always return us "1". I would like you to look at this.

I think that has been fixed in another branch by commit:
9e127bbf5ab90ced088cc487d5948e61f8e3bec0

I guess we should apply that to the release branch.  What do others think?

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] need help in creating reusable tabBar control

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 9/2/16, 2:54 PM, "dhwanishah85" <dh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>Thanks Alex for all your help and suggestions:
>
>With the help of my co-workers, I was able to finish Tab Component. I have
>created it outside FlexJS SDK.
>I would like to share the design of our current Tab component:

Congratulations!  If you want to have this component included in future
FlexJS releases, please attach your code to a JIRA issue.

Thanks,
-Alex