Posted to user@click.apache.org by Axel Morgner <ax...@morgner.de> on 2010/06/17 23:53:30 UTC

Errors in ClickClick Demos

 Hi,

does anyone know the status of the ClickClick project?

Apperantly, there's low activity on http://code.google.com/p/click-jquery/.

Some demo examples are not working correctly
(http://clickclick-jquery.appspot.com/ajax/form-demo.htm,
http://clickclick-jquery.appspot.com/ajax/validation/jquery-validation1-demo.htm).

Regards

--

Axel Morgner

Software Developer, GUI & UX Designer, Consultant, Project Manager

Java, ECM, CMS, Open Source, LAMP, Oracle, NoSQL, Mobile OS

Berkersheimer Bahnstr. 21       mail   axel@morgner.de
60435 Frankfurt am Main         phone  +49(0)69/26496757
Deutschland / Germany           fax    +49(0)69/26496756

Re: Errors in ClickClick Demos

Posted by georgex <ge...@yahoo.com>.

Axel Morgner wrote:

> I'd like to add Ajax features to my Click-based project. So should I
> just wait for the jquery things to appear in click-jquery project, or
> wait for Click 2.3.0?

As I see it, the Ajax functionality is already to a great degree moved to
Click - it just needs some documentation and some more examples, so you
don't have to wait for Click 2.3.0 final release to be able to use Ajax in
you project (from my experience so far, the Click trunk code was very stable
compared to other frameworks).
Click-jQuery shouldn't also take too much to appear since all the code it's
already in ClickClick - it just needs some changes to use this new Click
API.

George.

Re: Errors in ClickClick Demos

Posted by Axel Morgner <ax...@morgner.de>.
 Ok, seems I was a little bit confused. :-)

I'd like to add Ajax features to my Click-based project. So should I
just wait for the jquery things to appear in click-jquery project, or
wait for Click 2.3.0?

Axel

Posted by "Adrian A." <a....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Its difficult to say with open source as people only work whenever they get a chance or want to
scratch their itch. The next release will only be a Milestone not a final so there is still some
ways to go.

Bob

Posted by Andrei <gm...@gmail.com>.
When is 2.3 release?

Posted by Andrei <gm...@gmail.com>.
Looks good now

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrei <gm...@gmail.com>.
Strange, now it works ok

Posted by Andrei <gm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Axel Morgner <ax...@morgner.de>.

--
Axel Morgner
Software Engineering / GUI & UX Design / Project Management

mail   axel@morgner.de        Berkersheimer Bahnstr. 21
phone  +49(0)69/26496757      60435 Frankfurt am Main
fax    +49(0)69/26496756      Deutschland / Germany

Re: Errors in ClickClick Demos

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Axel Morgner <ax...@morgner.de>.
 Hi Bob,

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Axel,

On 29/06/2010 10:47, Axel Morgner wrote:

> Which changes are necessary to make the jquery forms from clickclick jquery-examples or click-jquery examples work again?

I've recently moved the jQuery code from ClickClick to Click-jQuery[1]. The code has also been
refactored to leverage Ajax behaviors, which is part of the upcoming Click 2.3.0 Milestone 1. You
can grab a copy of Click trunk from our CI server[2].

Please note that Ajax behaviors are currently under development and the API could change going forward.

> Right now, no form on the jquery examples pages is working (e.g. http://clickclick-jquery.appspot.com/ajax/form-demo.htm).

The link above works for me using Firefox 3.6.4 so I assume you mean it doesn't work locally? If you

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/click-jquery
[2]: http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Click/job/Click/ws/

Re: Errors in ClickClick Demos

Posted by Axel Morgner <ax...@morgner.de>.

Which changes are necessary to make the jquery forms from clickclick jquery-examples or click-jquery examples work again?

Right now, no form on the jquery examples pages is working (e.g. http://clickclick-jquery.appspot.com/ajax/form-demo.htm).

A simple test stub:

FormTest.java:
==================
import org.apache.click.Page;
import org.apache.click.util.Bindable;
import org.apache.click.control.*;
import net.sf.clickclick.jquery.control.ajax.JQForm;

public class FormTest extends Page {

    	@Bindable protected JQForm form = new JQForm("form");

	public FormTest() {
		form.add(new TextField("test"));
		form.add(new Submit("submit"));
	}
}

form-test.htm:

$form

Submitting the form leads to a Javascript popup showing "Error occured!".

I'd really like to use jquery with Click, but without a working example, the start's a bit hard ... (and debugging too).

Best regards

Axel

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Axel,