Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Ryan Lambert <rl...@zantaz.com> on 2001/05/29 20:36:48 UTC

SMTP SOAP Sample

Hello !

Well after reading all the posting and seeing many people with many problems
getting SOAP up and running I can say that I was lucky to not have any
trouble !

I am now trying to get the SMTP SOAP sample to work...

I have sendmail running on my Linux "server" and have deployed the
StockQuoteService service on the server in the /soap/servlet/rpcrouter
path...

If I now try and run the GetQuoteSMTP sample with the following parameters :
( where dummy is a user on the linux box and soaptest is the password and
bizeng1 in the linux box machine name.)

http://bizeng1:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
<http://bizeng1:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter>  bizeng1 dummy@bizeng1
<ma...@bizeng1>  bizeng1 dummy soaptest IBM

I get the following output :

Status update: Contacting Host: bizeng1...
Status update: Identifying recipients...
Status update: Error: Invalid address: </soap/servlet/rpcrouter>
Status update: Error: Server replied with an error:  Need RCPT (recipient)

Anybody with some input ? Am I missing something ???

Thanks

+	 Ryan Lambert
(	 Senior Software Engineer
8	 Zantaz.com Inc
O	 5671 Gibraltar Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588

RE: SMTP SOAP Sample

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Ryan,

Have you tried walking through the SMTP/SOAP faq on the web-site (it is
linked from the top of the SOAP FAQ)? It goes into a lot of detail about how
to get this scenario to work. Also, there is no need to cross-post these
types of quesions; posting to soap-user will suffice.

Thanks,
-Matt

  http://bizeng1:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter bizeng1 dummy@bizeng1 bizeng1

RE: SMTP SOAP Sample