Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/01 16:46:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Beam, version 0.2.0-incubating

Hey folks!

Here's the vote for the second release of Apache Beam: version
0.2.0-incubating.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [1],
and
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [2].

This corresponds to the tag "v0.2.0-incubating-RC2" in source control, [3].

New for this release:
* Release notes are available in JIRA [4].
* We made sure to address all the issues that the Apache Incubator PMC
  raised in the previous release [5].

The Apache Beam community has unanimously approved this release: [6], [7].

Please vote as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks,
Dan

As customary, the vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by
a majority approval with at least three PMC affirmative votes. If approved,
we will proceed with the release.

[1]https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/beam/0.2.0-incubating/RC2/
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1004/
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/tree/v0.2.0-incubating-RC2
[4]https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12335766
[5] Thread afterhttp://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201606.mbox/%3CCAMdX748VZg5-p%3D5x63se-iBZU0e32n20aRyVsDPWhWZaoq7SoA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
[6]http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-beam-dev/201607.mbox/%3CCAA8k_FJeyg%2BGWUBMeSPFQhnaPN3V4MrenJtrDbiyXyKJkzH7ZA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
[7] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-beam-dev/201607.mbox/browser

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Beam, version 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 release looks good.  For some reason, original email never came through.

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <vs...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from my iPhone,
Venkatesh

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.
Thanks everyone for participating! At this time, more than 5 days since the
initial email and with 6 IPMC votes, I would like to declare the vote
closed. I will summarize in the following RESULT thread.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Apache Beam, version 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Sorry, mistake on the mailing list, I'm forwarding to the
general@incubator.apache.org list.

Sorry for the noise.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Apparently I thoroughly fat-fingered my initial mail and sent to
> APACHE.INCUBATOR.org instead of the correct domain.

wow, I didn't realize about the mistake either...

Sergio, would you mind re-sending your response to the correct list?

Sure, here it goes:

+1 (binding)

So far I've checked: signatures and digests, source releases file layouts,
matched git tags and commit ids, incubator suffix and disclaimer, NOTICE
and LICENSE files, license headers, build sources in a clean environment
(Maven 3.3.9, OpenJDK 1.8.0_91 64-Bit, Debian amd64).

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Beam, version 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.
Hi general@incubator.apache.org,

Apparently I thoroughly fat-fingered my initial mail and sent to
APACHE.INCUBATOR.org instead of the correct domain.

There are several IPMC members on the Beam-dev list (which was CC'ed) who
thought I had correctly started the vote, but of course I had not.
I think that JB's and Justin's emails made it to the right list, but my
initial mail and Sergio's response did not.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-beam-dev/201608.mbox/%3CCAA8k_FKmmrG988zLKmBMXJmrpg90nNX2BXLG8N3PF03v2v76rg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Sergio, would you mind re-sending your response to the correct list?

Apologies -- still learning the process. I'll reset the 72 hour clock now
to give all IPMC members a chance to chime in.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.
Thanks very much Justin for your attention to detail! I've filed BEAM-510,
BEAM-513, BEAM-514, BEAM-515 for the website issues you pointed out below,
and I've sent PRs for 510 & 513.

Though it may be obvious, I'll remind everyone that these proposed changes
to the incubator-beam-site repository do not affect the release artifacts
discussed here.

Thanks!
Dan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the review Justin and the website notes.

Dan already created the corresponding Jira, we gonna fix that asap.

Regards
JB

On 08/02/2016 02:17 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> I checked:
> - file name contains incubating
> - signature and hash good
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good. (Although not 100% sure why the NOTICE mentions google twice)
> - No binary files in release
> - All source code has ASF headers
> - Can compile from source
>
> Just a few minor things I noticed while looking at your web site. You have a direct link to your last release here [1] rather than a link going via the Apache mirrors script [5] and this link [2] in Learn menu goes nowhere. Branding wise I think you are missing a few of the required links [3] including a link back to the Apache homepage. A feather ASF logo would be a nice addition as well. [4]
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1 . http://beam.incubator.apache.org/releases/
> 2. http://beam.incubator.apache.org/docs/learn/programming-guide/
> 3. http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#navigation
> 4. http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#links
> 5. http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages.html#closer

Jean-Baptiste Onofr
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Beam, version 0.2.0-incubating

Posted by "Wang, Gang1" <ga...@intel.com>.
Hi Justin and Apache Beam team,

  I'm so Sorry, It is my bad, please ignore my previous mail, Thanks.

Best Regards
+Gary

   Thank you for catching that, We would fix those issues you mentioned, Thanks.

Best Regards
+Gary

Posted by "Wang, Gang1" <ga...@intel.com>.
Hi Justin,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

casting my vote here as IPMC.

I checked:
- artefact names contain incubating
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE file looks good
- NOTICE file looks good
- Source files have ASF headers
- source distribution exists
- Tested with GDELT samples and wordcount with Direct, Flink, and Spark
runner (I plan to run on Google Dataflow asap).