Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Garg, Rinku" <Ri...@fisglobal.com> on 2013/09/16 10:03:28 UTC

Issue while quering Hive

Hi All,

I have setup Hadoop, hive setup and trying to load gzip file in hadoop cluster. Files are loaded successfully and can be view on web UI. While executing Select query it gives me the below mentioned error.

ERROR org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:nxtbig (auth:SIMPLE) cause:java.io.IOException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
2013-09-16 09:11:18,971 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running child
java.io.IOException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.io.HiveIOExceptionHandlerChain.handleRecordReaderCreationException(HiveIOExceptionHandlerChain.java:97)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.io.HiveIOExceptionHandlerUtil.handleRecordReaderCreationException(HiveIOExceptionHandlerUtil.java:57)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.HadoopShimsSecure$CombineFileRecordReader.initNextRecordReader(HadoopShimsSecure.java:369)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.HadoopShimsSecure$CombineFileRecordReader.<init>(HadoopShimsSecure.java:316)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.HadoopShimsSecure$CombineFileInputFormatShim.getRecordReader(HadoopShimsSecure.java:430)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.CombineHiveInputFormat.getRecordReader(CombineHiveInputFormat.java:540)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:395)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1407)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.HadoopShimsSecure$CombineFileRecordReader.initNextRecordReader(HadoopShimsSecure.java:355)
        ... 10 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: hdfs://localhost:54310/user/hive/warehouse/cpj_tbl/cpj.csv.gz not a SequenceFile
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1805)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.initialize(SequenceFile.java:1765)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1714)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1728)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileRecordReader.<init>(SequenceFileRecordReader.java:43)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileInputFormat.getRecordReader(SequenceFileInputFormat.java:59)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.CombineHiveRecordReader.<init>(CombineHiveRecordReader.java:65)
        ... 15 more

Can anybody help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Rinku Garg

_____________

Hiveserver2 Authentication (openLDAP) and Authorization (using Sentry)

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Hi guys

************************************************************************************************************************************
DISCLAIMER
==========
I have no affiliations to Cloudera and I am writing this mail of my own free will, with the hope to help fellow Hive users who will be implementing security around Hive
************************************************************************************************************************************

I have implemented Hiveserver2 Authentication (openLDAP)  and Authorization (using Cloudera Sentry).

I am super-excited because we know can open our Hive Data Platform in "read only" mode to remote clients in the company and SAS clients !

We are using Cloudera Manager Standard distribution (still can't afford support costs !)

Thanks

Sanjay

The stack I am planning to push to production after my hive/yarn/oozie tests succeed are as follows

Group 1 (CDH4)
Hosts
dev-thdp5.corp.nextag.com
Component       Version CDH Version
Impala  1.1.1   Not applicable
Yarn (CDH4 only)        2.0.0+1475      CDH4
HDFS (CDH4 only)        2.0.0+1475      CDH4
Hue Plugins     2.5.0+139       CDH4
Sqoop2 (CDH4 only)      1.99.2+85       CDH4
MapReduce 2 (CDH4 only) 2.0.0+1475      CDH4
HBase   0.94.6+132      CDH4
HCatalog (CDH4 only)    Unavailable     Not installed or path incorrect
Oozie   3.3.2+92        CDH4
Zookeeper       3.4.5+23        CDH4
Hue     2.5.0+139       CDH4
MapReduce 1 (CDH4 only) 2.0.0+1475      CDH4
Pig     0.11.0+33       CDH4
HttpFS (CDH4 only)      2.0.0+1475      CDH4
Hadoop  2.0.0+1475      CDH4
Hive    0.10.0+198      CDH4
Lily HBase Indexer (CDH4 only)  1.2+2   CDH4
Solr (CDH4 only)        4.4.0+69        CDH4
Flume NG        1.4.0+23        CDH4
Java    java version "1.6.0_31" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01, mixed mode)     Not applicable
Cloudera Manager Agent  4.7.0   Not applicable

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

Re: Issue while quering Hive

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
With regards to splitting an compression there are 2 options really as of now

If u r using Sequence Files , then Snappy
If u r using TXT files then LZO us great (u have to cross a few minor hoops to get LZO to work and I can provide guidance on that)

Please don't use GZ (not splittable) / or worse BZ2 (took slow to compress/decompress) - too slow for comfort

The only compelling reason u want to use GZIP as I am using in production is that my log files are MULTIPLE LINES…so if I use regular TXT files then splitting can happen between records

sanjay

From: Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, September 16, 2013 5:07 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Issue while quering Hive

As per my understanding, hadoop 1.x does not provide you any help on processing compressing files in parallel manner. (Atleast this was the case few months back).

This bzip2 splitting etc is added in hadoop2.x as per my understanding.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Garg, Rinku <Ri...@fisglobal.com>> wrote:
Thanks Nitin,

That way it worked, But in that case Hadoop will not be able to split my file into chunks/blocks and run multiple maps in parallel. This can cause under-utilization of my cluster's 'mapping' power. Is that rue??

Thanks & Regards,
Rinku Garg

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

RE: Issue while quering Hive