Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/03 21:05:49 UTC

Increasing the default PermGen size

L.S.,

Today, I ran into two occasions where the default PermGen memory
configuration was insufficient, first while installing the new
camel-drools demo that was created today and secondly when installing
a moderately large web project for testing purposes.

Would it make sense to increase the PermGen size to 128 MB out of the
box?  I can imagine if I bump into this a few times in a row, some of
our users are bound to see the same thing happening too.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Re: Increasing the default PermGen size

Posted by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com>.
I don't see any problem to increase PermGen by default.

+1

Regards

--Filippo

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Increasing the default PermGen size

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
On my side, I'm creating the Jira in Karaf (we can link to the
SserviceMix one).
And agree with Karaf scripts.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Increasing the default PermGen size

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
On Karaf, we noticed an increase of the Perm when using a lot of bundles
refresh.

Agree with Freeman, it makes sense to increase in Karaf as well.

Maybe 256m is a fair value. WDYT ?

Regards
JB

On 04/04/2013 08:09 AM, Freeman Fang wrote:
> +1 to give a bigger default size, and I think we even need change it on Karaf side also
> -------------
> Freeman(Yue) Fang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com/
> Twitter: freemanfang
> Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
> http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
> weibo: @Freeman小屋
>
> On 2013-4-4, at 下午1:51, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Isn't even 128MB a low value today?
>> Shouldn't we raise it to a higher value?
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Gert Vanthienen
>> <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> L.S.,
>>>

>>> Today, I ran into two occasions where the default PermGen memory
>>> configuration was insufficient, first while installing the new
>>> camel-drools demo that was created today and secondly when installing
>>> a moderately large web project for testing purposes.
>>>
>>> Would it make sense to increase the PermGen size to 128 MB out of the
>>> box?  I can imagine if I bump into this a few times in a row, some of
>>> our users are bound to see the same thing happening too.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Gert Vanthienen
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen