Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Blake Watson <bl...@pnmac.com> on 2014/11/21 22:34:05 UTC

Insert a formatted value?

Is it possible, given a cell with (e.g.) a currency format, to pass a value
like "$123,456.00" to set it? Or must we always use 123456?

--

*Blake Watson*

*PNMAC*
Application Development Manager
5898 Condor Drive
Moorpark, CA 93021
(805) 330.4911 x7742
blake.watson@pnmac.com <me...@pnmac.com>
www.PennyMacUSA.com <http://www.pennymacusa.com/>

Re: Insert a formatted value?

Posted by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@mbcli.com>.
You can set the value to whatever you want it to be, but if you set it to
$123,456.00, it'll be stored as a String.
If you want it to be numeric, then you have to set the value of the cell to
a numeric value (123456), then apply the formatting to it.