Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeronimo Garcia <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 18:27:09 UTC

System VMs Failover

Hi List.

Based on documentation and what I'm actually seeing now ,  system vms can
only failover to other hosts in the same cluster and therefore pod.

I'm guessing this is because the system vm is using a management ip
assigned to that specific pod.

Is there any HA offering that could make system VMs to failover to
different pods/clusters?

Thanks!

Re: System VMs Failover

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
it could be per cluster or per host (local storage) at the moment. I
believe after the storage refactor work happens is when support for zone
wide primary *might* become a reality.

Re: System VMs Failover

Posted by Jeronimo Garcia <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Re: System VMs Failover

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Re: System VMs Failover

Posted by Jeronimo Garcia <ga...@gmail.com>.
just to clarify I'm using KVM.

Re: System VMs Failover

Posted by Jeronimo Garcia <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Re: System VMs Failover

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Is this on vSphere?

For other hypervisors, theoretically HA can start it on other clusters
(since the control ip is link local). But if there is capacity available
on the first cluster, why not restart it on the original cluster?

Re: System VMs Failover

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.

Re: System VMs Failover

Posted by Jeronimo Garcia <ga...@gmail.com>.