Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/12 19:11:18 UTC

How To Spin Up Local Instance

I don't think we need more than Docker to get most developers going.
Agreed?
(let's drop minikube or whatevers)

and, what is the base of our current Docker?  I proposed Alpine a few years
back, but cannot remember what we used.  Can we get an update going?

the documentation about this should be simple to follow

Maybe we just list those other deployment ideas for "other ideas to do" -
more of an invitation than something that we support in our documentation.

Any objection to those kinds of changes to the documentation ?

Posted by VICTOR MANUEL ROMERO RODRIGUEZ <vi...@fintecheando.mx>.
Hello,

Fineract is now using Zulu 17 Alpine as as container

https://github.com/apache/fineract/blob/develop/custom/docker/build.gradle

3 months ago I wrote about the Quick (Non production) setup

https://github.com/openMF/mifos-x-containers

Regards

Víctor Romero

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com>.
I should have started with:

Posted by John Gathogo <jo...@fiter.io>.
I support this 💯, docker should be the recommended (and supported)
deployment method. A financial institution interested in the other
deployment methods should have capacity to deploy and support them.