Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/04/29 12:50:41 UTC

[VOTE] Handling of website

Hi,

I'm not sure if we already discussed this, but anyway I think at
least we didn't vote.

So, do we want to keep a website for each major version (2.0/2.1)?
And put different documentation from the corresponding repositories
on them?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107211/

Re: [VOTE] Handling of website

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Vadim Gritsenko" <va...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure if we already discussed this,
>>

> Huh? :)
>
> Two threads:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104748723931898&w=2
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104739071014156&w=2
>
> Note: people agreed to drop 'v' from URI space. URL becomes:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/1.x/
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/
>

>> but anyway I think at
>> least we didn't vote.
>>
>> So, do we want to keep a website for each major version (2.0/2.1)?
>> And put different documentation from the corresponding repositories
>> on them?
>>

> +1

+1 on all you said above..

    Pier

Re: [VOTE] Handling of website

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm not sure if we already discussed this,

Huh? :)

Two threads:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104748723931898&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104739071014156&w=2

Note: people agreed to drop 'v' from URI space. URL becomes:
http://cocoon.apache.org/1.x/
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/

>but anyway I think at
>least we didn't vote.
>
>So, do we want to keep a website for each major version (2.0/2.1)?
>And put different documentation from the corresponding repositories
>on them?

+1

Vadim

Re: [VOTE] Handling of website

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
on 4/29/03 6:25 AM Konstantin Piroumian wrote:

> From: "Steven Noels" <st...@outerthought.org>

> +1
>
> and +1 for Steven's proposal below. It is exactly the way Tomcat site is
> organized and I found it very useful when had to do some work with Tomcat
> recently.

Pier had a much more detailed plan for this.

BTW, what's the status of mail list and website transition?

--
Stefano.

Re: [VOTE] Handling of website

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Steven Noels" <st...@outerthought.org>
> On 29/04/2003 12:52 Stephan Michels wrote:
>
> >>So, do we want to keep a website for each major version (2.0/2.1)?
> >>And put different documentation from the corresponding repositories
> >>on them?

+1

and +1 for Steven's proposal below. It is exactly the way Tomcat site is
organized and I found it very useful when had to do some work with Tomcat
recently.

Regards,
  Konstantin

Re: [VOTE] Handling of website

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <TS...@gmx.net>.
I'd definitely be in favor of keeping the documentation version specifc.
People who are in production will need the documentation for 2.0.4 as long as
they do not migrate. But people who are in the process of migrating need the
new docs.
Torsten

Re: [VOTE] Handling of website

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.

Re: [VOTE] Handling of website

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

?

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Handling of website

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if we already discussed this, but anyway I think at
> least we didn't vote.
>
> So, do we want to keep a website for each major version (2.0/2.1)?
> And put different documentation from the corresponding repositories
> on them?

-1, who will maintain this?

Stephan.

Re: [VOTE] Handling of website

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 06:50  AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So, do we want to keep a website for each major version (2.0/2.1)?

+1  I think there remain use cases which need multiple versions.

> And put different documentation from the corresponding repositories
> on them?

+1 If both are Forrestized, I don't see why maintenance is an issue.

Diana