Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Bill Roberts <bi...@swirrl.com> on 2011/08/18 11:54:41 UTC

tdbloader and stats.opt

Is there an option for tdbloader to ask it not to create the stats.opt file?

I am still finding that I get the best overall performance from TDB with no optimisation (perhaps because I am not smart enough to create a well-tuned optimisation file, despite Andy's useful advice!).  But if I use tdbloader to add new data to a store, then tdbloader (0.8.10) creates a new stats.opt file, which I then have to remove again.

Thanks

Bill

Re: tdbloader and stats.opt

Posted by Bill Roberts <bi...@swirrl.com>.
thanks Andy - yes that's pretty much what I do at the moment and I have a small script to do that.  Just sometimes I use the raw command instead of my script, forget to remove stats.opt then wonder for a few minutes why the performance has just got worse, until I remember!

It is indeed creating stats.opt on an incremental load.  I'll make a JIRA issue.

I'll put together some example data and queries and get back to you.

Thanks

Bill

Re: tdbloader and stats.opt

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.