Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michele De Lorenzi <mi...@libero.it> on 2001/02/22 17:17:27 UTC

proble with installation

Hello to all.
I'm new to cocoon.
I've downloaded the last version in rpm
I install it on a SuSE 6.4.
I create a new cocoon jserv with:
add-cocoon-jservon-jserv

This is the erron message after I go to localhost/Cocoon.xml :

Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
have done that may have caused the error.

Apache/1.3.12 Server at linux.local Port 80

Can annibody help me?

Re: proble with installation

Posted by lee fellows <lf...@airsmail.com>.
Michele,

  If you have the Apache JServ source, do a configuration in the source
directory: i.e.,
        ./configure \
              --prefix=/usr/local/jserv \
              --wiht-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
              --with-jdk-home=/path/to/jdk \
              --with-JSDK=/path/to/jsdk.jar \
              --disable-debugging \
              --enable-EAPI

then do a make.  This will generate the ApacheJServ.jar and the
mod_jserv.so.  Copy
the new mod_jserv.so to your apache/libexec directory.

HTH

The example was deduced from the INSTALL guide for ApacheJServ-1.1.2.

Posted by Michele De Lorenzi <mi...@libero.it>.
Thanks, but I have no Idea on how to do that. Any suggestion?

Posted by lee fellows <lf...@airsmail.com>.
Michele,

Posted by Michele De Lorenzi <mi...@libero.it>.
Thanks.
Maybe you can give me some more advices.
This is the last part of my error_log file:

ApacheJServ/1.1: An error occurred listening to the port:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Unimplemented interface method
[Fri Feb 23 12:46:32 2001] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Fri Feb 23 12:47:52 2001] [warn] Loaded DSO
/usr/lib/apache/mod_jserv.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module
might crash under EAPI! (plea[Fri Feb 23 12:47:53 2001] [notice]
Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)  (SuSE/Linux) ApacheJServ/1.1 mod_fastcgi/2.2.2
DAV/0.9.14 mod_perl/1.21 PHP/3.0.15 m[Fri Feb 23 12:47:53 2001] [notice]
suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
[Fri Feb 23 12:49:25 2001] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
exist: /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/Cocoon.html

Posted by lee fellows <lf...@airsmail.com>.
Michele,