Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/23 14:41:41 UTC

ROL-1378: Upgrade to Apache Velocity 1.5

A new version of Velocity was released last month, the first in over a year.

Why should we upgrade?

1) Numerous bug fixes and other improvements, full list:
http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/Velocity15ReleaseNotes

2) VTL improvements: null support, commas now allowed in macro calls

3) "New, optional SecureIntrospector prohibits methods that involve
manipulation of classes, classloaders or reflection objects. Use this
introspector to secure Velocity against a risk of template writers
using reflection to perform malicious acts."

4) Brings us in alignment with Apache Velocity project. By using their
latest release, we make it easier for them to support us.

I've got Velocity 1.5 running with Roller in my workspace and I
haven't found any problems yet.

Any objections? comments? flames?

- Dave

See also:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1378

Re: ROL-1378: Upgrade to Apache Velocity 1.5

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
+1

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.
+1