Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/07 15:19:38 UTC

loglevel in htaccess with a new override?

Are there any hurdles to allowing the new LogLevel in htaccess perhaps
with a new override to protect it?

This would be great for the poor shared hosting rewrite users who
could never enable the old rewritelog.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: loglevel in htaccess with a new override?

Posted by Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com>.
I like that idea much. IMHO the protection with AllowOverride makes
sence. Just my 2 cents

Mario

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
On Monday 07 June 2010, Eric Covener wrote:
> Are there any hurdles to allowing the new LogLevel in htaccess
> perhaps with a new override to protect it?
>
> This would be great for the poor shared hosting rewrite users who
> could never enable the old rewritelog.

I don't see any hurdle. Merging the module_levels vector is rather
expensive because it consists of >100 ints, but that is true for
.htaccess processing in general.

Cheers,
Stefan