Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Juan Valencia <jv...@sharethis.com> on 2012/09/22 01:40:36 UTC

Using Cassandra BulkOuputFormat With newer versions of Hadoop (.23+)

I can't seem to get Bulk Loading to Work in newer versions of Hadoop.
since they switched JobContext from a class to an interface
You lose binary backward compatibility....
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found
interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but class was expected
at
org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.BulkOutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs(BulkOutputFormat.java:42)

I tried recompiling against the newer Hadoop, but things got messy fast.
 Has anyone done this?

Re: Using Cassandra BulkOuputFormat With newer versions of Hadoop (.23+)

Posted by Juan Valencia <jv...@sharethis.com>.
I'm not sure, but I think 1.0.3 is the wrong branch:
http://f.cl.ly/items/2z1q1k3Q402L2z061S3m/Apache%20Hadoop%20Versions.png
I need the branch that goes down .22 to .23
The problem is

--

Learn More:  SQI (Social Quality Index) - A Universal Measure of Social
Quality

Re: Using Cassandra BulkOuputFormat With newer versions of Hadoop (.23+)

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@mebigfatguy.com>.