Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/02 13:24:31 UTC

Request-URI Too Long Error

Hi,

When I test E-mail connector I get that error:

Error from server at http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1: non ok status:
414, message:Request-URI Too Long

As far as I know, such kind of errors are get at HTTP GET operations and
E-mail connector operations may have long URLs. Is it possible to avoid
that error?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Request-URI Too Long Error

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Furkan,

If you are using trunk, or a version of MCF that you have sources for, you
might want to add logging statements to
ModifiedHttpSolrClient.createMethod(), to see what HTTP method it is
choosing and why it is choosing it.  Once we figure that we can make
whatever changes are needed to make it use POST again.

Maybe the problem is that there's no body stream at all, and there's only
metadata.  If that is the case it may choose to use GET.  It would be easy
to change that behavior though.  Please let me know.

Thanks,
Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.