Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by "Hechler, Adam" <he...@rpi.edu> on 2012/08/01 18:31:57 UTC

Updated cygwin-sshd-config.sh location

Hi,

I've been using this page as instruction for installing and configuring Cygwin on Windows XP.
https://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/install-configure-cygwin-sshd.html

Under the configuration of Cygwin section, when I tried to wget cygwin-sshd-config.sh I received some 404 not found errors. It was working a few weeks ago. Anyway, I was able to find the file at:   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/vcl/trunk/managementnode/bin/cygwin-sshd-config.sh

Now I'm wondering whether there's a difference in the file because I've continued to follow the steps (which I've done at least a dozen times before) and I'm getting the following errors:
./cygwin-sshd-config.sh: line 5: !DOCTYPE: No such file or directory
./cygwin-sshd-config.sh: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./cygwin-sshd-config.sh: line 6: `"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">'

Forgive me, I'm not much of a coder.  Is there a problem with the file? Should a different version been available at the original location?

Thanks,
Adam

Adam Hechler
Senior Analyst /PC Systems Administrator
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
275 Windsor Street
Hartford, CT 06120 USA
Ph: 860-548-2446
Email: hechla@rpi.edu<ma...@rpi.edu>
Web: http://www.ewp.rpi.edu<http://www.ewp.rpi.edu/>
[Description: fb]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rensselaer-Hartford-Campus/216532895053858> [Description: tw] <https://twitter.com/#!/RPI_Hartford>  [Description: yt] <http://www.youtube.com/user/RPIHartford>   [Description: blog] <http://rpihartford.blogspot.com/>

RE: Updated cygwin-sshd-config.sh location

Posted by "Hechler, Adam" <he...@rpi.edu>.
Thanks Aaron,

Everything is working now.

Adam

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.

--
Aaron Peeler
Program Manager

Re: Updated cygwin-sshd-config.sh location

Posted by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu>.
Hi

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Hi Adam,

You may be getting a cached version.

Try to flush your cache or hit the shift key and hit reload

Aaron

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Hechler, Adam <he...@rpi.edu> wrote:

>  Hi Aaron,****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks for the reply. I tried again and using the address as stated on the
> webpage I still get a 404 Not Found.****
>
> ** **
>
> wget
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/trunk/managementnode/bin/cygwin-sshd-config.sh
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> If you follow that path, once you get to
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ there’s no vcl directory any
> more. There’s a trunk directory, but it’s empty.****
>
> ** **
>
> I tried again using the path I posted yesterday (see below) and it gets
> the file, but after following the next two steps (setting the script to be
> executable and fixing the 1.7 issue)  I try to execute it with our password
> specified and I get the same three errors I got yesterday.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Adam****