Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/02/20 17:58:05 UTC

Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-02-20

Attendees: Lawrence Mandel, John Kaputin, Graham Turrell, Arthur Ryman

Minutes

1. Open Action Items - Lawrence Mandel

2007-02-06 - Graham will come up with a proposal for an entity resolver.
2007-02-20
Graham: I haven't made progress on this yet. John and I are planning on
getting together to create a proposal.

2007-01-30 - John will start the release process for M7 including the
vote about the release.
2007-02-06
John: I've been trying to get the API javadoc up-to-date before calling
the
vote. It's taken longer than I expected but is just about done. After I
complete
this I'll create the build and call the vote.
2007-02-20
John: Done.
Closed.

2. Milestone 7 (M7) Status and Wrap-up - John Kaputin

John: M7 has been declared. I've signed the release. Woden is up-to-date
with the test suite.
Arthur: What happened with the change to the component model? Did you
modify the Ant task?
John: Yes. It's up-to-date.

Lawrence: John, thanks for all your work as the release manager for M7.

3. Milestone 8 (M8) Planning - Lawrence Mandel

John: Looks like WSDL 2.0 may be in the recommendation state by mid-April.
I think we should try to have Woden's next release around the same time.
This means we need to focus on the assertions. I don't think this should
be a 1.0 release as we need to stabilize the API.
Arthur: We also need to work on extensibility.
John: Our next release will focus on the assertions and extensibility.
Arthur: I'd say the assertions are P1 and extensibility is P2.

4. Development Discussion - All

Lawrence: Are we testing the Axiom implementation in Woden?
John: The JUnit test suite is running. I'm not sure that it's all current.
Lawrence: Is Axis2 using the Axiom or DOM implementation?
John: I think they're using the DOM.
[action] John will post to the list to see what adopters are doing with
the Axiom implementation.

5. Other Business - All

Arthur: I think our next step is to graduate from incubation.
[action] John will create a plan to exit incubation for next week's call.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel