Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ronald Haring <ro...@siennax.com> on 2000/07/10 17:41:53 UTC

defining a login-servlet for the entire servlet

Hi there,

I would like to know how I can make a default login servlet for the entire
server. This may sound odd, but I want to install a tomcat webserver in
front of our proxy server to maintain sessions. Since the proxy server is
written in c and uses NSAPI-c commands there is no session support. In the
future we will transfer this proxy to a java proxy server but for the time
being I just want to have ALL the request go to the login servlet. After the
user has been authenticated the request is passed on to the proxy server
(with the authentication turned off) and the proxy can than dispatch it to
all the other servers (depending on url's and rules in the proxy).

Can someone give me a hint or tell me where I can go and look for more
information?

Thx in advance
Ronald
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.