Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/14 18:43:06 UTC

Confluence/Repos (Was Atomic git tagging)

Hi, Justin
> I really don’t think there will be any issues doing both in parallel so I’ve created a confluence space here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTX

Thanks!

This doesn't seem to accept my LDAP credentials.  Actually, it does.  I
can log in but I don't seem to have authority to do anything.

>> I have heard that the INFRA team has some special kung-fu for importing Wikis into confluence.  I hope they can handle an old DocuWiki site.
>>
>> Is there any way that could be expedited?
> For thing like this the process is to raise an JIRA ticket for Infra. I’ve just raised one here:

Thanks again!

Now that the SGA has been filed we can also request that the
repositories be set up well, correct?

Greg

Re: Confluence/Repos (Was Atomic git tagging)

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

On 12/14/19, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Hehe.. nutty-apps :-D
>
> That was autocorrect I think. It was [1] so I didn’t mistype it when
> creating it this time :-)

Great! Thank you!

BR,

Alan

Re: Confluence/Repos (Was Atomic git tagging)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Hehe.. nutty-apps :-D

That was autocorrect I think. It was [1] so I didn’t mistype it when creating it this time :-)

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-nuttx-apps.git

Re: Confluence/Repos (Was Atomic git tagging)

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
>> Justin, do you mind to rename it from app to apps ?
> I’ve created an incubator-nutty-apps one and asked Infra how to remove the other one.

Hehe.. nutty-apps :-D

There are some pretty crazy applications in there.

Re: Confluence/Repos (Was Atomic git tagging)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> There would be less confusion if the repository were called apps instead of nuttx-apps[s], but it appears the the project name on the front of the repository is an Apache convention.

Yes as is incubating for incubating projects.

> In the release tarballs, the names have been apps-x.y/ and nuttx-x.y/ where x.y is the major.minor version number.

You can number your releases however you want. The name does need to number “incubating” and it’s a good idea to also put “apache” in there so something like apache-nuttx-incubating-x.y.tag,gz and apache-nuttx-apps-incubating-x.y.tag,gz would be fine. But other variations on this would also be fine.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Confluence/Repos (Was Atomic git tagging)

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
Alan,
> Hmm, I think it could create some confusion because all docs and even the
> build system expects to find the applications directory at ../apps/
>
> Justin, do you mind to rename it from app to apps ?

You note that the git clone with no argument will create nuttx-app/ (or
nuttx-apps/), right?  So there is going to be confusion in any event.
nuttx-apps/ is a little closer to expectations, however.  The directory
name can, of course, be set to anything you like in the 'git clone' command.

There would be less confusion if the repository were called apps instead
of nuttx-apps[s], but it appears the the project name on the front of
the repository is an Apache convention.

In the release tarballs, the names have been apps-x.y/ and nuttx-x.y/
where x.y is the major.minor version number.  I suppose that those are
not affected (other than we will likely need to go to an x.y.z version
number where z is the revision number.

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg and Justin,

On Saturday, December 14, 2019, Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> So I created:
>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-nuttx.git
>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-nuttx-app.git
>
> At nit:  Historically, the directory is call apps/ not app/. That is the
way it is referred to in all of the documentation of and the consciousness
of NuttX users.

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

I created the repos there was an issue in that it didn’t like incubator-nuttx-nuttx, which I guess is a bit silly.

So I created:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-nuttx.git
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-nuttx-app.git

You can see the mirror repos here:
https://github.com/apache?q=nuttx

You can use the above GitHub clones or you can use the Apache ones, everything syncs up between them.

To use the GitHub one you need to sync your accounts as described here [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://gitbox.apache.org

Re: Confluence/Repos (Was Atomic git tagging)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I am unsure of the terminology "report".  I assume this is the name of the GIT repository?  For consistency, the name of the repositories should be apps/ and nuttx/.

Sorry I meant repos. I’ll go ahead and create them.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Confluence/Repos (Was Atomic git tagging)

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
>> This doesn't seem to accept my LDAP credentials.  Actually, it does.  I can log in but I don't seem to have authority to do anything.
> Fixed - any NuttX committer will now be able to add/edit/comment on pages. Opening it wider than that may attract spam.

Thanks!

I had to limit the DocuWiki's too.  Not because I wanted to, but because
it was constantly under attack.  One day I noticed 37 thousand+ new
subscribers in a span a a couple of weeks.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com.INVALID>.
Hi,