Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Modha Khammammettu <MK...@calcas.com> on 2007/10/30 17:44:42 UTC

Calculating Users Load

Hi All

Are there any best practices to determine what values to go in :

No . Of Threads (Users)
Ramp-Up period (In seconds)
Think Time

I have a web app which I performing load test using Jmeter.

Looking for a way to define these parameters when I want to run my load
test with

5 Users, 50 Users or 150 users.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Modha/-

Re: Calculating Users Load

Posted by Matt <ma...@gmail.com>.
Modha,

These requirements should come from the Business requirements or SLA
agreements.  How is the application going to be used in production? that is
how you should test it.

Unless you're just looking for throughput of the app, then it's a case of
slowly adding users until response times start to slow down.

It may be a valid test to fire of 100 users at once, but this really depends
if this is going to happen in the real world.

I'd suggest to read up on how Performance Testing should be performed before
using a performance testing tool.

Matt