Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Adam Augusta <ro...@WPI.EDU> on 2004/07/01 21:28:52 UTC

Adobe Type Manager

I'm not sure I would call this a bug, but some might find this information
useful regardless.

I install my postscript fonts using Adobe Type Manager.  FOP was able to
use these fonts just fine.  But when I tried to embed SVG text, the output
came out in some default font like Arial.

When I uninstalled the font from ATM and installed it natively in Win2K,
the SVG text came out with the correct font.

Is this the Way It Must Be Done(TM), or is there some way I can continue
using ATM?

-Adam

Re: Adobe Type Manager

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Adam Augusta wrote:
> I install my postscript fonts using Adobe Type Manager.  FOP was able to
> use these fonts just fine.  But when I tried to embed SVG text, the output
> came out in some default font like Arial.

The Batik engine, which FOP uses for rendering embedded SVG, doesn't
use FOP fonts. It can only used fonts installed for the JVM, on
Windows systems fonts which are installed for the system.

J.Pietschmann