Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Simon Cooper <si...@featurespace.co.uk> on 2015/07/10 10:24:40 UTC

Is the new consumer API ready?

I'm updating the kafka APIs we use to the new standalone ones, but it look like the new consumer isn't ready yet (the code has got lots of placeholders etc), and there's only the producer in the Javadoc at http://kafka.apache.org/082/javadoc/index.html. Is there an ETA on when the new consumer will be ready?

SimonC
This message, and any files/attachments transmitted together with it, is intended for the use only of the person (or persons) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by legal privilege. Accordingly, any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message, or any part of it or anything sent together with it, other than by intended recipients, may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is hereby prohibited. Unless otherwise stated, any views expressed in this message are those of the person sending it and not the sender's employer. No responsibility, legal or otherwise, of whatever nature, is accepted as to the accuracy of the contents of this message or for the completeness of the message as received. Anyone who is not the intended recipient of this message is advised to make no use of it and is requested to contact Featurespace Limited as soon as possible. Any recipient of this message who has knowledge or suspects that it may have been the subject of unauthorised interception or alteration is also requested to contact Featurespace Limited.

Re: Is the new consumer API ready?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

The API will be available in the next release, and which is planed in a
month.

At the meantime you could start trying it out from trunk if you want.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang