Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2004/08/12 13:32:20 UTC

Re: Passing form-bound XML to pipeline

Paul Bowler wrote:

>I am using Cocoon 2.1.5 with forms, flow and binding and have created a number of forms that get data, display and
>validate beautifully.
>
>What I now want to do is bind the resulting form XML to an XML database. However, I cannot see how to forward the
>resulting XML from the form binding process to another pipeline.
>
>My question therefor is, how can I pass the resulting XML document from the binding framework to another pipeline for
>further processing. A generator of some description (jx?) would be needed I suppose, but I cannot find any examples
>that do this. The only example I have found (the XML binding exmaple in the forms block) uses some convaluted java
>script to store the XML to the filesystem, bypassing any sitemap pipeline.

Er. I don't quite understand your problem. The xmldb source is writable,
which means that you can bind to a source that is in your XMLDB.

Then if you have your bound object as a DOM, you can say
cocoon.sendPage("your-url", {myDom: dom}); and then in JXT say #{myDom}
should show the XML of that DOM object.

Isn't that straightforward enough?

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Passing form-bound XML to pipeline

Posted by Paul Bowler <pa...@aventix.co.uk>.
> Er. I don't quite understand your problem. The xmldb source is writable,
> which means that you can bind to a source that is in your XMLDB.
>
> Then if you have your bound object as a DOM, you can say
> cocoon.sendPage("your-url", {myDom: dom}); and then in JXT say #{myDom}
> should show the XML of that DOM object.
>
> Isn't that straightforward enough?
>
> Regards, Upayavira

I don't understand your answer, so (for me anyway) it is not straight forward, sadly.

The XML for my form is fetched from a cocoon pipeline which is, in effect, a mini query engine taking in a few
parameters. Are you saying that if I remove this and use an xmldb source directly then all the binding is taken care of?

Also, I do not know what JXT is or how to use it, but will do some searching.

All I want is to be able to get at the XML created in the binding framework to use in another pipeline.

Regards,

Paul.