Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2004/08/27 09:15:40 UTC

Re: Locales problem (was Re: batik attempts to download classes from applet)

Thomas DeWeese wrote:

> Hi Jorg,
>
>    Most of your issues should now be solved.

Great news thanks! I will download and test with tonights' snapshot.

>    First the dtdis.properties file is now loaded using
> Class.getResourceAsStream which should avoid the internationalization
> stuff.
>
>    Second the InterpreterFactories are now loaded using the
> Services interface.  So there is a new file:
> resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.batik.script.InterpreterFactory
>
>    That contains the list of InterpreterFactory classes to load and
> register.  Right now it only has the Rhino interpreter uncommented.
> It would probably be nice if the build processes tweaked this file
> properly based on the presence/absence of various jar files.  But I'm
> not good enough with Ant to do that...

You mean based upon whether they are in the classpath or not? Not worth
the effort i think. Having the other interpreters around does not mean
one wants to use it, so you'll have to get user input during build etc.

It is fair to assume that when someone has advanced to the level that he
wants to switch Interpreter then he will also be knowledgable enough to
edit the services file.

Regards,
Jorg

Ps Will there be a new release anytime soon?