Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net> on 2000/10/06 21:19:57 UTC

Some questions about tomcat 3.2 tree.

Hi tomcat fans (and hopefully some in the know ;),

I'd like to help with reporting issues/patches for tomcat, but I don't
quite understand the roadmap for tomcat.

I have some questions that I would appreciate answers, so I can get a
better picture:

The 3.x dev snapshots are for 3.3dev, does that mean that 3.2 is out the
door soon?

3.2b5 is on ftp, but not on the webpage, is beta5 released?

Things I'd like to fix, or see fixed:

-I assume web.xml in tomcat_home/conf is going away? or will it be
resurrected.  (So I don't need to recompile to use jikes)

-mime-mappings in my context-path/WEB-INF/web.xml are ignored.

-ability to precompile all jsp, for faster loading at runtime.

If someone can give me some details about if these issues will be fixed in
time for 3.2?  or just how stable 3.3 tree is at the moment, that would
be great.

Thanks,

Kenneth Topp