Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Colby <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/22 16:11:23 UTC

Meaning of TotalReadLatencyMicros and TotalWriteLatencyMicrosStatistics

Hi -

On our recently live cassandra cluster of 5 nodes, we've noticed that the latency readings, especially Reads have gone up drastically.

TotalReadLatencyMicros 		5413483
TotalWriteLatencyMicros		1811824

I understand these are in microseconds, but what meaning do they have for the performance of the cluster?   In other words what do these numbers actually measure.

In our case, it looks like we have  a read latency of 5.4 seconds, which is very troubling if I interpret this correctly.

Are reads really taking an average of 5 seconds to complete??

Re: Meaning of TotalReadLatencyMicros and TotalWriteLatencyMicrosStatistics

Posted by Ching-Cheng Chen <cc...@evidentsoftware.com>.
Just as what it named, it's the total microseconds spent on read operations
so far.

Not average.

Regards,

Chen

Senior Developer, EvidentSoftware(Leaders in Monitoring of NoSQL & JAVA )

http://www.evidentsoftware.com