Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/02 06:17:34 UTC

What does processPipelineTo() method do ?

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how Jan's webservice server immplementation
works (http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WebServiceServer) and I have
trouble understanding how his cocoonWS function works because I don't
understand what processPipelineTo() does. Here is the call in the
sample :

cocoon.processPipelineTo("soapData", null, soapData);

And I found that
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/java/AbstractContinuable.html#processPipelineTo(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.Object,%20java.io.OutputStream))
in Cocoon API documentation but there's no precision about parameters
and what the function does. Can anybody give me more details about
that ?

Thx in advance.
--
Sebastien ARBOGAST

Re: What does processPipelineTo() method do ?

Posted by Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com>.
> Did you read
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html#processPipelineTo ?

I just did... And actually my problem came more from the
StreamGenerator but now I managed to find out this part.
Now my next problem is to understand the JXTemplate and more
specifically this macro :

<jx:macro name="inject">
  <jx:parameter name="value"/>
  <jx:parameter name="ignoreRootElement" default="false"/>
  <jx:set var="ignored" value="${cocoon.session.saxer( value, cocoon.consumer,
   ignoreRootElement )}"/>
 </jx:macro>

What is cocoon.consumer ?

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Sebastien Arbogast wrote:

> And I found that
> (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/java/AbstractContinuable.html#processPipelineTo(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.Object,%20java.io.OutputStream))
> in Cocoon API documentation but there's no precision about parameters
> and what the function does. Can anybody give me more details about
> that ?

Did you read
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html#processPipelineTo ?

Jorg